martes, 6 de diciembre de 2011

Unrealistically Good...

His EyesHis Eyes by Renee Carter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What can I say? Although it was extremely short...and fast-paced. I loved it! I have to admit that the first half of the book is kind of dull and like everything you expect from a book like this. But you just wait. It gets to your heart with devastating surprise.

I liked that, although, Tristan loved riding it was kept in the shadows a bit. That even though, at first, you think you know Amy..you end up noticing that you dont. She is perfect for Tristan, as Tristan becomes perfect for Amy. Today, before I finished it I thought of this words. "Perfect doesn't always mean flawless."

Amy an ordinary almost graduated high school student was the only one to respond to a babysitting job. She desperately needs the money if she plans going to the college of her choice. With her mom always someplace else, mentally, and a runaway brother, she can only count on herself making it happen. But there is a catch. That babysitting job is not what she expected, at all. She has to sit a boy who happens to have her same age..and is a little bit..blind.Tristan lost his sight after a riding accident and is reluctant to adapt and hold on to life the best he can.



Although I have to agree to whoever happens to read this that the odds of somebody falling in love that fast are almost zero, and that the author could've easily make this great story even better, digging a little bit futher into their world, the story isn't disappointing at all.

I liked Amy very much, and couldn't help swooning after Tristan. The only thing that nags me is that Ms.Carter could have dig a bit more, elaborate deeper, with what happened to Charlie, Amy's brother. Her relationship with her parents. Tristan's feelings and emotion are kept practically a mystery, Chris and MArly, Tristan's Dad and Mom and everything.

But hey,if after all the lacks of this story still manages to came up with 4 stars is because the story is beautifully thought through. Believe me. ;)



View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario