domingo, 22 de abril de 2012

Genius...

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Read it three weeks ago and I still cry a bit whenever I think of Gus.

Being this my first John Green Book...I was not disappointed!
I'm a fan of his and his brother, Hank, in their YouTube channel, VlogBrothers. A nerdfighter to death, my friends. But even though I knew John writes and me being the reader that I am, I couldn't possibly imagine making myself read one of his books. A bit afarid, I think, that I wouldn't like it perhaps. Yeah, I know, he won an award and everything and made a book with David Levithan, one of my top 20 favorite authors of all time, but still I had my doubts. But after watching video after video of him not talking about TFIOS, signing all those books, and all the effort he made to keep it a secret as long as he could, I admit I was curious.
So, after the must awaited release date, I waited to see how it did. Didn't read a review in order to not spoil my own experience in case I decided to read it, but I kept track of the scoring, listen to a word or two about it's awesomeness and well, here I am, unable to decide which book by John Green to read next. Now I'm scare I won't like them as much as I LOVE TFIOS.

Just FYI, one of my best friends gave me this fabulous Christmas present, a Parisian Notebook for Quoting, her words! And I didn't read a really good book worth keeping quotes to start up my Quoting Notebook until THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. Now I always read Gus's words to Hazel, Hazel's own opinions, and whatever line I thought worth remembering. I worry that maybe John will sue me for the amount of quoting I have in this Notebook, almost the whole book if I have to be honest with you. I'm exaggerating, of course, but hey, I came close to do it. It is just such an AWESOME BOOK!

I have to come clean at something, I didn't actually liked Augustus at first. Too cocky, confident, forward...a too much for me. But did I ever regret anything in my life was this. How could I not love Augustus Waters. After some chapters you understand him and Hazel and EVERYONE! Even the freaking writer! Anna and the Hamster!

Every turn was a surprise, even if I guess the way it was already just ahead of me.
Hazel is just so sad, comfortable with her fate that doesn't want to do much with her life, or what is left of it. That when Augustus Waters
appears is just like a new air going through her sickened lungs. I loved how Gus taught Hazel everything she needed to really live her short life at it's fullest. How he made her wish come true. How they made this whole relationship from scratch in a short amount of time. Love ought to be like that, one day it is not, the next it is. And that's exactly how Gus was. Like he said, he didn't have the right to deny himself to say the truth or to live life. Sometimes it is just too late and you wouldn't want to regret it.

Oh, and when he died, he died like 6 chapters before the end or something like that but I cried the whole time. Barely reading because of the non-stopping tears. And yeah, this whole review goes around Augustus Waters but without him what would've been of Hazel. Dying alone, without knowing what life was truly about, even though hers is suppose to be a short one? How? Tell me!
I just love it. I need a physic copy. I need to hug that book. Even if you can hug it, your laptop is just some metal and plastic, not the real deal. I need to shed some tears in my favorite parts. I need the world to read it, too.
I feel just like Hazel did with An Imperial Affliction, a book so good that you want to be the only one to know about it but you can't possibly live with the idea that nobody know of it's geniusness.I don't care if that's not a word. This book is what it is. Genius, Grand...Anything you would use to describe the best thing of all time. 
We need more stars for books like these, GoodReads. Five are just not enough.





View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario