sábado, 1 de octubre de 2011

Juliet ImmortalJuliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


At first the idea of a re-tell of Romeo&Juliet was appealing to me.I'm not afraid to try new stuff. And this BIG possible mistake..was pulled really well.
I absolutely fell in love with Ben, who's part you´ll discover throughout the story. Of course it had it's confusing parts, meaning you have to spare some time to really really read it. The Mercenary and Ambassador concept was new for me and it gave the author possibilities to where to direct the plot, giving also the chance to the reader to make false assumptions, making the story even better, because you never know where this will turn, or if it will be right or left, up or down or another.
Although the ending was a little flat, it hadn´t that much emotion or maybe my expectations got in the way but it was the perfect ending. A happy-ending not like the one for the originals Romeo and Juliet =)
I really liked it and I wasn't disappointed. I totally recommend it to anyone who is willing to take a new perspective to the never aging tragedy of forbidden love written by the literatur master, Shakespeare.



View all my reviews

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario